So I am actually on my laptop now, screw the whole packing thing.. I'm done anyway. :P I was looking through some pics on facebook when something caught my attention. This girl (the one who left me as a friend, as I mentioned in earlier posts) lets call her E, had commented on a picture of herself. She said she looked awful when actually she looked rather nice. She wasn't doing some dumb pout so there was an immediate difference in her face, she looked naturally pretty, as she is.
Anyway her friend had commented that she looked great but said, "I'm the one who look terrible" sure the camera had caught them at funny moments, so I'll let that one slide. But the point is its like a social etiquette to always DENY that you are pretty! Sure some girls have self confidence issues but hello... wake up and smell the perfume.. and stack loads of foundation you all own. (Does foundation smell?) You ARE pretty. You spend god knows how long putting on make up, are you honestly telling me there is no purpose to that? I know plenty of gorgeous girls, so who I'm friends with some who I'm not any more. And even if I dislike them or not I really hope that one day they look in the mirror and stop denying how nice they look!
I've denied how I look a few times but now, I just say,"Thanks, that's real nice" and maybe comment on a pretty photo of them. I realised that by denying how I look its not gonna do me any good for my self confidence. And sometimes I look in the mirror and I think, wow my eyes look nice today or cool me hair isn't doing that annoying sticky outy thing. I've realised that its not a crime to think you are pretty. Everyone is, its just we all deny it.
Also while on the topic of lying another situation similar is the whole,"What do you want for your birthday?" scenario. Lets face it. We all say,"Its fine, you don't have to get me anything". I'll raise my hand, I a guilty of this crime. The thing is some of us mean it, like me. You don't HAVE to get me anything.... but I'd really love this CD or just some money or a voucher etc. Some people may think its rude to just go right out and say it, but hey! They asked, didn't they?
So the message? Stop denying your pretty, you are and for gods sake tell them what you want for your birthday!
Over and out for a lil' while since I'm on my hols. Ily, bye x
Fabulous hun. Lol. I have A lot of friends that do that. hell, I even do it. But you really need to come back!! I need you!! I need your wit and charm!
ReplyDelete